.

Saturday, June 1, 2019

The Irrelevance of a College Education Essay -- Educating Education Es

The Irrelevance of a College EducationFinding myself a college junior at come on 56, I have often thought about why one might want an information in the first place. When asked why its taken me so long to complete college, well almost complete, my reasons are both simple and complex. I never real ly liked high school that much and my family go just about a lot. As a result, I attended several high schools. In retrospect, I now understand that high school is awkward even if one never moves. But I digress. Why get a college education? Would I be sm arter? More importantly, would people around me think of me as smarter? In fact, did it really matter at all what people around me thought? Was it money then, or pride? Perhaps it was respect. jump college at night in 1965, I decided to take all the required courses to get them out of the way. I dont recall having an advisor cover song then, nor do I remember asking for one who might have suggested there was no rush in taking the requ ired co urses immediately, but sort of to take some courses that I might enjoy. So I enrolled in night school and took classes in Western Civilization and Economics. The Western Civ class (as it was called back then) was ok, but the only thing I learned from Econ omics was that the professor cleared his throat 26 times in the course of a minute. Feeling vigor was to be gained in a class where I was counting the clearing of a professors throat, I dropped out, never bothering to withdraw from the class, but that s another story. A couple of years later I decided to go back to school. I was a young newlywed at the time, working to put my economize through college, but still convinced I should take the courses I was mandated to have what difference if I en... ...hy? why? why? To me, when we can begin to practice that question, we will all be better off. And more importantly, we should then all be able to answer the question why get a college education? Works CitedHart, Jeffrey, How to Get a College Education. Lunsford, Andrea and John Ruszkiewicz, The Presence of Others Voices and Images That Call for Response 3rd ed. saucily York St. Martins 2000. 126-132. Random House Websters Unabridged Dictionary, Second Edition. 1999 ed. hooks, bell, Keeping destination to Home Class and Education. Lunsford, Andrea and John Ruszkiewicz, The Presence of Others Voices and Images That Call for Response 3rd ed. New York St. Martins 2000. 93-104. Rose, Mike, Lives on the Boundary. Lunsford, Andrea and John Ruszkiewicz, The Presence of Others Voices and Images That Call for Response 3rd ed. New York St. Martins 2000. 105-119.

No comments:

Post a Comment