.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Chris Matthews

In the book Hardb completely, Chris Matthews supports his observations and conclusions with quotes from a variety of sources. For eight (8) of the following(a) quotes Identify the speaker Explain its meaning Explain the relevance for finicky political issues today This should be a paragraph for each of the 8. This is to be turned in the first day of class. 1 . This Senator rejected the well-tailored phantasm blue suit so fashionable in DC When I dress like that, no one start outs up to me at the aerodrome to say hello. 2.Vive lived across the street from you for 18 years I shoveled your fling in winter. I cut your grass in summer I didnt think I had to ask you for your vote. He never forgot her response. Tom, I need you to k outright some thing wad like to be asked. 3. L will non make my age an issue in this campaign. I am not passing play to exploit, for political purposes, my opponents youth and inexperience. 4. We succeed in enterprises which demand the collatera l qualities we posses, but we excel at those which also make use of our defects. 5. He too ran against Washington.More than that, he said that government is not the response to our problems, it is the problem. 6. Believe me, my friend Nick implored, on that points no such thing as off the record. Dont trust anyone. 7. Better to have them inside the bivouac pissing out than outside pissing in. 8. In continuing to c all(prenominal) himself an amateur or citizen politician, Reagan applies the uniform logic the Soviets do when they decl be their Olympic athletes to be amateurs in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 9. The waiter said, Well, maybe you dont know who I am.Well, as a matter of f bite I onto Who are you? Im the guy whos in charge of the butter. 10. If you want to make a friend, let individual do you a favor. 1 1 . L have reached the conclusion that it would be inadvisable for me to recommend to the convention any member of my Cabinet or any of those who meet regularly with the Cabinet. 12. JEFF would call 5 or 6 LB would take 19 names and call them all. 13. L simply make a deal with Roosevelt. We agreed that if I endorsed him for President in 1940, whence he would support my son Joe for governor of Massachusetts 1942. 14.I have honest thought of something that is not part of my speech, and I am worried whether I should do it He paused and then followed through with a beautifully composeed tribute to America as the refuge of those Who yearn to breathe freely. thusly the clincher Ill confess that Im a little afraid to suggest what I am going to suggest. Im more afraid not to. 15. People dont do their best influence while they are being passed on. 16. Hes not going to win. Its a Republi advise district. Hell be better for us if he loses. Hell work for me. Hell bring his organization with him. 17. Off should try some of the Northeastern, big-city offices. Ill bet there are a good number of congressmen who would like to have someone with your background working for them. 18. Members are going to come in to probe you with some matter that you will think is the craziest thing you ever heard. alone remember, it is very important to that member. Otherwise he would never have come in with it. 19. They never take the time to think about what real goes on in those one-to-one sessions. They see it as a attaint instead of seduction they miss the elaborate reparation that goes on forwards the act is finally done. 20. There is no Republican way to collect the garbage. 21 . Its been said that Im not the most compelling speaker, and there are actually those who claim that I dont always communicate in the clearest, most concise way. Well, I may not be the most fluid And I may sometimes be a little uneasy But there is nothing self-conscious in my love of country. I am a shut up man, but I hear the quiet people others dont. The ones who raise a family, pay the taxes, meet the mortgages. 22. Dont give it all at once. Give five thousand at the start and denominate they can come back for more if they need it.Halfway through the campaign, theyll be back. This time give them another five thousand and indicate that that is all you intend to contribute. About a week before the election, theyll be so desperate for money that someone will suggest that maybe you can be induced to come to the rescue. 23. His message came across clear and charitable He described America as a country Where no Catholic prelate would dissever the President should he be a Catholic owe to act and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote. This is a country where religious liberty is so indivisible that an act against one church is treated as an act against all. 24. All the people in this room have one thing in commonalty We are all dissatisfied. 25. Republican leaders have not been pith with attacks on me, or my wife, or on my sons No, not content with that, they now included b y little dog, Fall Well, of course, I dont begrudge attacks, and my family doesnt re move attacks, but Fall does resent themYou know, Fall is Scotch, and being a Scottie, as soon as he learned that the Republican fiction writers had concocted a story that I had left him behind on the Aleutian Islands and had sent a destroyer back to find him at a represent to the taxpayers of two or three or eight or twenty dollar bill million dollars his Scotch soul was furious He has not been the same dog since.

No comments:

Post a Comment